This workshop is presented in partnership with City of Stirling.
Did you know 88% of people in Australia are internet users? A strong digital marketing strategy is essential for small businesses who want to attract and retain customers, secure bookings and generate sales. Your website is your digital shopfront, and first impressions count.
As the online space becomes more crowded, it’s also more important than ever to understand the online marketing world. Having a great website is step one, but understanding Google Analytics, search engine marketing and search engine optimisation is also key to your small business succeeding online.
The digital marketing landscape is always changing, and we’re keeping the industry up to date in 2020. Our new workshop can help you understand what makes a good website and give you helpful advice about creating, maintaining or updating your own.
We’ll help you understand and utilise search engine optimisation, search engine marketing, Google Analytics, organic ways to improve your search engine rankings and how to create really useful reports.
The workshop covers the following topics:
- Benefits of Online Marketing
- Components of Online Marketing
- Distribution Channels
- Email Marketing
- Important Elements of a Website
- Getting Started With SEO
- Google Ads and remarketing
- Google Analytics
- Google My Business
- Google Search Console
- Managing and Monitoring Your Online Activities
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- The GDPR & New Privacy Regulations
This workshop covers off a range of digital marketing tools and techniques; it stands alone from the social media workshops, but they complement each other perfectly.
This workshop is ideal for people with a sound understanding of online marketing but who want to know more; those with experience in specific online areas who want to understand how different channels can be integrated; and people who have worked with online marketing for some time and would like to gain fresh approaches.
Sunset Coast Rate Terms & Conditions
- Only one person per business is eligible for the discounted Sunset Coast rate. Other people from the business are welcome to attend at the member or non-member rate.
- A business can select a maximum of two workshops from the six available Sunset Coast workshops at the discounted Sunset Coast rate. Businesses are welcome to attend more workshops at the member or non-member rate.
- Only tourism and hospitality businesses are eligible for the discounted Sunset Coast rate.
ABOUT THE TRAINER - KAREN PRIEST
Karen Priest’s extensive career spans 30 years' in the tourism and hospitality sector in the United Kingdom, South Africa, New Zealand and Western Australia. She has served on several tourism industry boards and committees, including Tourism Council Western Australia (TCWA), and is known for developing and implementing strong growth strategies using her effective leadership, sales, marketing, communication and presentation skills.
Karen is the Principal of Smart Tourism, a boutique marketing consultancy which provides strategic solutions and advice to the tourism industry. She has an extensive hotel management background and gained significant destination marketing and management experience working in senior roles with various regional, state and national tourism agencies.
With her passion for tourism marketing and helping businesses succeed she is highly regarded by the industry as a specialist in her field.
Tourism Council WA is working with our partner venues to ensure best practice hygiene and social distancing practices are adhered to during this event. If you are feeling unwell or have recently returned from interstate or overseas please do not attend this workshop.
- Dec 08, 2020
- 08:30 - 12:30
Scarboro Surf Life Saving Club
163 The EsplanadeScarborough WA 6019Australia
- REGISTRATION DATE: (Open - Close)
- Oct 26, 2020 - Dec 04, 2020